Monday, January 10, 2005

AIM Calculator Commission Default Settings

core position trading,cpt,aim,automatic asset allocation,automatic investment management,Lichello,Robert Lichello,buy low sell high,stocks,stock market,exchange traded funds,etfs
I noticed a $5.00 difference in the transaction cost of a stock BUY transaction the other day.

Good news, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Scottrade has reduced their LIMIT ORDER commissions to $7.00, to the same rate as their MARKET ORDER commissions.

With AIM, I am concerned with the NET transaction price per share, not just the order price.

AIM Fixed Commission Handling.

So this is good news.

I'm changing the default commissions of my AIM Stock/ETF Transaction Calculator from $12.00 to $7.00. Make sure your defaults are whatever your broker charges for limit orders.

(This is assuming you pre-calculate your buy and sell orders and put in GTC LIMIT ORDERS with your broker to sell some when the stock rises to your limit price, or to buy some when the stock declines to your limit price.)

BTW, I add a few pennies to the sell commission, as an estimate of what the transaction tax amounts to.

No comments:

Post a Comment